5 Types of Nail Shapes and Sizes
Oval Nail Shape
An oval shape from the center to the sides. Suitable for the wide nail surface. The elliptical fingertips make the nails look slender, and this is the most elegant type of nail.
- You can use the nail file to polish from the ends of the nail to the middle, and polish the horizontal shape of the two sides.
- Continue to polish from the edge of the nail to the center, and the sides are oval in the middle.
Square Nail Shape
The sides of the nail are straight, and the corners are sharp. It can also be called French nails. Square nail shape suitable for long and large nails. It visually narrows the nails and makes the nails appear smaller than they actually are.
- Grind the edges of the nails from the sides to the center in a horizontal state, and polish the sides at a right angle of 90 degrees.
- After you are satisfied with the length and shape, adjust the angle of the nail file slightly to polish the two sharp edges.
Square Round Nail Shape
Having both the elegant oval nails and the benefits of French nails. Square round nails are the ideal shape for most people.
- Firstly, polish the nails into a square arm at the top level, and polish them from the sides to the middle. The two sides should be symmetrical.
- Grind the right angles on both sides until the top of the nail is rounded. The square round nail is characterized by a clear line that is still visible on both sides. Do not grind the corners too round.
Round Nail Shape
The front end is round and the sides are curved in a round shape. The nails will appear slender after the top is rounded. Suitable for those who want to keep short nails or nails that grow wide.
- Grind the edges of the nails horizontally from both sides to the center.
- Grind the edge corners into a distinct round shape.
Stiletto Nail Shape
Stiletto nails are appropriate for crystal nails and nail art designs. Suitable for long nails and can be made into extended nails.
Note: If the natural nail shape is too large or too small, or the person whose finger is thicker, it is not suitable for this nail shape.
- Carefully polish the sides of the nails to present a shape that is symmetrical on both sides and that is getting thinner and upward.
- Polish the cone from the sides to the center until you get the result that you are satisfied with.
Which Nail Shape is Right For You
Besides the shape of the nail, you also have to see whether the nail type matches the thickness and length of the finger.
If the nail surface is wider, try a square nail shape.
You can choose French nails if your nails are slim and thin. It looks slender and gives your fingers a feeling of strength.
For people with fat and chubby fingers, it is best to have a rounded nail shape.
The half moon of the nail root can also be used as a model reference. If your half moon is very round then you should be polished with a rounded angle such as a circle or an oval. You can choose a square nail shape if your half moon is lighter and flatter.