When you soak off the gel polish, it is most likely to hurt your nails. You can use a special gel remover to gently remove your gel nails without damaging your natural nails.
Tools commonly used to soak off gel polish include gel nail polish remover, nail file, nail buffer, cotton pad, aluminum foil and cuticle oil. With these tools in hand, you can now start your gel nail off.
No matter how beautiful the nail art, after 3 to 4 weeks, the gel will begin to peel off. If this happens, you can choose to either remove or fix it. To remove the gel without damaging the nail, the key is to get a lot of remover. When removing the gel from the surface, be careful not to rub the nails.
Step by step soak off gel nail polish
- Use a nail file to grind the nail surface until a small amount of colored gel is removed. You should pay attention to just peeling off the surface of the gel, be careful not to grind the real nails.
- Pour the gel remover onto a cotton pad that is larger than the nail and cover it over the nail.
- Cover the nail with a piece of aluminum foil of sufficient size. What you need to pay attention to is that you must be neat and tidy when wrapping aluminum foil, and there should be no gaps.
- Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. The time of separation of different brands will vary and you should confirmed in advance.
- Remove the aluminum foil. You can use a nail file to push up and remove the peeling gel.
- After removing the gel, use a nail buffer to polish the nail surface. You can also handle the sides of the nail and the tip of the nail in the same way. Nail buffer make the nail surface smoother.
- Apply cuticle oil to moisturize.
- Massage with the other finger so that the cuticle can absorb the oil. Conversely, if you need to re-apply the gel, you don’t need to apply cuticle oil.
Finally, you need to be aware that before soak off gel polish, you must first remove the accessories from the nail with a cuticle nippers. If the accessory cannot be removed, you can remove the gel before removing the accessory.